Dental implants have become quite a dilemma for thousands of people residing in the New Jersey. First of all, you need to be clear about the dental implant. The people who lose their tooth or teeth because of an injury or due to any sort of a disease or any other reason have no option other than dental implants for the sake of recovery.
Types of Dental Implants
Now the implant dentistry NJ comprises of different types and each one has its own significance:
1. Endosteal: The name refers to the in-bone dental implant and is the most commonly used type of dental implant. In this particular implant, the cylinders, blades or screws are surgically placed into the jawbone. One or more prosthetic teeth are held by each implant. Mostly, the patients with removable dentures or the bridges use this implant as an alternative.
2. Subperiosteal: This name refers to the on-bone dental implant. They are fitted at the top of the jaw with the posts of the metal framework bulging through the gum in order to hold the prosthesis. The patients who use this type of implant generally have problems in wearing the conventional dentures and some employ it because of having minimal bone height.
Requirements for Implant Dentistry
In order to have a dental implant, the patient must be in great general and also oral health condition. The adequate bone present in the jaw must be able to support the implant. The patient also requires healthy gum tissues that are free from periodontal disease. There is a close connection of the dental implants with the gum tissues and the underlying bone of mouth. You are well aware of that the periodontists are referred to as the dental experts who are excelled in precisely these areas. They are the ideal members of your dental implant team. The specialty of the periodontists is that they not only have experience working with the other dental professionals but they also work with the specific information, services, facilities and the training that are required by every patient to own teeth that have the view and feeling just like their real ones. This is basically the dream of the patients to have good looking teeth. The dentist and the periodontics from most of implant dentistry NJ clinics shall work together to make their dreams true.
Procedure of implant dentistry NJ
The procedure of the dental implant is actually a collective effort brought about by the patient, the dentist and the periodontist. The dentist and the periodontist consult with the patient about the location of the implant and also the mode of implant i.e. how shall it be placed. Then after the choice of the type of implant and carefully analyzing the specific condition of the patient, the periodontist then decides the entire plan of the treatment or the dental implant personalized in order to cope with your requirements. The entire procedure of the implant dentistry NJ is described as follows:
• The replacement of a single tooth: If the problem of the patient is associated with only one tooth, then an implant and a crown are sufficient in order to replace it.
• The replacement of several teeth: if the patient is missing several teeth, then the bridges supported by implant are placed to replace them.
• The replacement of all teeth: If the patient is missing all of his teeth, then a full bridge or a full denture supported by implant is placed in order to replace them.
• Sinus Augmentation: A key to the success of the implant is the quality and quantity of the specific bone where the implant is to be placed. One such example is the upper back jaw which has conventionally been one of the most difficult areas to place the dental implants. This is because of the insufficient bone quality and quantity of the upper back jaw and the close proximity to the sinus. Now here is the application of the sinus augmentation. This problem can be overcome by sinus augmentation in the way that it raises the sinus floor and develops the bone for the placement of dental implants.
• Modification of ridge: if there are irregularities in either of the upper or the lower jaws, then they can be a cause of inadequate bone which needs to have the placement of dental implants. In order to cure this problem, the gum is lifted away from the ridge so that the defect in the bone is properly exposed. That specific defect is then either filled with bone or the bone substitute in order to build up the ridge. It has been noticed that the modification in the ridges has been showing great benefits as it greatly enhances the appearance and also increases the chances for the patients to have successful implants that prove to be long lasting.
After Having the Dental Implant
It is well known fact that your own teeth require careful and thorough oral care and regular dental checkups. In the same way, consider the dental implant as just like your own real teeth and take good care of them likewise. And in order to have your implant free of plaque, clean and always in a great condition, you have to do brushing and flossing regularly and properly.
After the complete treatment, the periodontist shall be working closely with you and also your dentist in order to ensure and develop the best care plan for the patient. They will also schedule some periodic continuous visits in order to monitor your implant, gums and the teeth and they make sure that they are always healthy.
Both the dentists and the periodontists of the implant dentistry NJ are really experienced and highly specialized, thus you must not worry about anything and keep it in mind that they shall be working really hard and would strive at their level best in order to make you satisfied and happy of their services.
Learn more about Dental Implants